1. Log-in Georgetown Domains
To get started you'll need to log in to your Control Panel by going to the Georgetown Domains homepage and logging in with your Georgetown NetID and password.
2. Find WordPress on the Dashboard
Once logged in you'll be at the homepage of your Control Panel. In the Web Applications section, you will see "View More". Click it to find WordPress.
Click "Applications Browser". Here is where you can install and start using WordPress.
Find WordPress in the section App for Content Management. Click WordPress Icon to install.
3. Install WordPress
After clicking WordPress on the Dashboard, if you decide to install WordPress, click “Install this application” to install WordPress.
Now you are just a few steps away from successfully installing WordPress.
In the Location section:
- If you want to install WordPress on your main domain, then put that in the Domain line and leave the directory area empty.
- If you created a subdomain, you can select it from the dropdown menu.
- You also have the option of installing WordPress in a subfolder by typing in the folder name in the Directory field. For example. I would like the address to be http://abcd.georgetown.domains/ENGL100, I will add “ENGL100” in the directory field.
In the "Settings" section:
Username: Installatron will create a randomized Username, which is the name you will use to log in to your WordPress dashboard. However, you are able to customize the username. Choose a username that you will remember here.
Password: Installatron will also provide a random password by default. You should probably replace it with your own password that you will be able to remember. You can change your password later, but you'll need to know it to log in the first time. You can also change the website title and tagline, if you'd like, but don't fret too much about these as you can easily change them later on once you're setting up yourWordPress site.
Make sure you double-checked that you know the username and password before you moving to the next step!
Website Title and Tagline: You can also change your website title and tagline here.
Now WordPress is installed in your Georgetown Domain! Now that you have WordPress installed on your Dashboard.